Koala Tea

It was the long weekend, but back to the grind now. As much of a grind as you can say I'm subject too, at this point. I've endured a grand total of three classes so far this year, and there wasn't a whole lot endurance involved. So far things are looking good.
I can with all honesty say that today was borderline epic. So many things happened one after an other. To start with, I made myself the most amazing omlette for breakfast. Not that anyone needs to hear what I ate, in chronological order or anything, but somethings are just worth mentioning.
This omlette was made with two beaten eggs, a couple steamed beans and carrots, left over from an amazing supper last night, a slice of ham (also from supper) diced, diced green pepper, diced onion, and a handful of grated mozzarella cheese. If that doesn't sound like a delicious omlette to you, there has got to be something wrong with your tastebuds. Plus, that was technically the first omlette i've ever made myself, so I feel pretty accomplished about it. With that delightful omlette in my belly i didn't feel even the least bit hungry until 5:30 or so. It's amazing what a good heavy duty breakfast will do for ya.
That wasn't the highlight of my day, to be sure, but it was definitely a high point.
The next high point was also a low point. Have you ever walked up to your house, put the key in the lock, and found that the door just wouldn't open? If not, I advise to keep a plan in the back of your mind for a day when that does happen to you. As, of course, it happened to me. There really was nothing I could do at that point, because as it turned out, I had left my phone at home (on purpose, thinking I wouldn't exactly need it for an hour and a half of class), and so I had no way of contacting my roommate in hopes that her key would work where mine had failed to do.
I did end up running back to campus to email her, but then decided to head back home and see what other means of entrance I could aquire. Turns out, my bedroom isn't too hard to break into, if you know the key. So I managed to get in after all. It amused me to be able to climb into my house through a window.
I also joined a ballroom dance club through the university today. After a lovely 45 minute wait in line, my friend and i arrived at the front of the line to discover there wasn't enough room for us in the class of our choice. So after much debate and deliberation, we decided on another class, which is further away and on a different day, but manageable nonetheless. It could be well worth it. And my hope is that it is.
In other news, GI Joe: The Rise of the Cobra is a well done movie, and worth the watch if you've got the urge to go see it. Lots of action scenes, but why they are flashy and loud, they aren't all complete gore. Which isn't to say there's no gore at all, but the gore level is kept reasonable. The actors and actresses portray their characters well, the scenes are well choreographed, and there are plenty of sci-fi type vehicles to keep you fascinated for a good deal of time. Plus the song at the credits just makes you want to get up and dance.
Word of advice though. Don't eat so much at an Asian buffet before hand that you can barely move and want to vomit. Not that the movie will make you vomit, but just, really, don't eat too much.

Interesting fact of the day: The name Waldo dropped off the name charts in the 1940's. It's German, and means "Ruler". Now the question remains: Where's Waldo?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while

 It's been 10 years since I last posted anything on this blog. That's kinda crazy. Well, I've been thinking recently about bring...